Amorette Gangel – Director
Every year the Law Society of South Africa (the LSSA) hosts National Wills Week. This year National Wills Week will take place during the week of 11 to 15 September 2023.
BDK is happy to announce that our Ms Amorette Gangel will be participating in National Wills Week for 2023 and drafting basic wills – FREE OF CHARGE.
Wills Week is an outreach program designed to educate members of the public on the importance of concluding a will and, more importantly, to encourage members of the public to approach attorneys who have registered for National Wills Week, to draw up a basic will FREE OF CHARGE.
Why Is Having A Will Important?
It is important to have a will drawn up and validly executed to ensure that your wishes are known and that your estate is dissolved according to your wishes.
If you do not have a will, your estate will be dissolved in terms of the Intestate Succession Act. This may lead to unnecessary disputes and/or litigation amongst your family members or even friends. Also, people who you may have wanted to include in your will may be excluded if they are not relatives who are entitled to inherit in terms of the Intestate Succession Act.
If you do not have a validly executed will, your family or any interested person may have to incur legal fees in approaching the High Court to validate the will, which process is costly and time-consuming.
What Do We Do In Your Consult During Wills Week
- We will consult with you and advise you on the importance of having a will.
- We will obtain all of the required information necessary for us to draft your will.
- We will draft your basic will and explain the contents of the will to you, so that you fully understand what your will says and means.
What Is Not Included In National Wills Week
- As part of the National Wills Week, attorneys are only required to draft basic wills – free of charge.
- We will not redraft or amend existing wills, nor will we draft complicated wills involving trusts.
- The consultation will be limited to the topic of your will.
To book an appointment to have your basic will drafted for free, kindly contact Ms Gangel at email@example.com. Appointments will be on a first come first serve basis.
To find an attorney in your area who is participating in National Wills Week – kindly click on the link
Facebook Live Event
- Tuesday, 11th September 2023, at 11:15 am (GMT +2 hours)
- Access the Live event recording
- Our host (and her contact details)
#BDK #BDKAttorneys #Attorneys #CivilLaw #CriminalLaw #FightingYourFight #LookingForALawyer#NeedALawyer #SouthAfricanLaw #Will #WillsWeek #NationalWillsWeek #AmoretteGangel